Hard to believe that July 4th is this Monday! Wow! Here are some pet safety tips to keep your precious treasures out of harms way.
- Keep your pets away from the BBQ area due to matches and lighter fluid.
- Do not give alcoholic beverages or caffeine to your pets as it is toxic.
- Keep your pets home; don’t take them to the fireworks display.
- Make sure your pets have their proper tags attached to their collars. If they were to get loose, they can be properly returned.
- Lots of dogs end up in shelters on this day as they get disoriented and lost due to fireworks.
- Keep your dogs in the crate if necessary. As another option, keep them in the laundry room as it is typically well-ventilated.
- No table leftovers as they can be toxic.
- Keep them inside so they are safe.
For further information go to http://www.aspca.org
Please contact President Max-well’s Pet Services for your pet care needs in the Jupiter/Tequesta and Palm Beach Gardens areas. 561-827-7298.